Huw James Solicitors
Housing Problems
What happens if your landlord wants you to leave your home?

If you landlord (whether private, the council or a housing association) wants you to leave, you have the right to stay in you home in most cases until they get an order from the court called a "possession order". Normally they need to give you notice that they are doing this, unless they want you to leave because of anti-social behaviour. Also, the landlord will not need to get a possession order if you share the living space in your house or flat with your landlord. In that case they need to give you "reasonable" notice to leave. The details of the steps a landlord must take to evict you and what they must do and tell you, are complicated and depend on the type of tenancy agreement you have.

Contact us now
for further information.


      Email: [email protected] © copyright 2003 All rights reserved - asis design